Sunday, December 8, 2013

Final Project Progress - Dec 8

I guess it's done now.

I hate how laggy iMovie is on the school's computers. Maybe that's why we're supposed to put it on the Working Volume... oh hm...
Anyhoo.

I didn't get enough footage to fill up the entire two and a half minutes of the song I used, but I think that's okay. Quality over quantity, right? (Speaking of, please excuse the horrible quality of my cruddy little Kodak. And my mumbling.) I asked a few strangers off the street, but only two really gave an answer, and even those were not very sufficient.

My first conclusion from this project: Nobody likes to be surveyed. My second conclusion: Nobody likes to spill out their heart on camera. I didn't really expect somebody to just be like "Actually, I had a pretty rough day, let me tell you everything that's stressing me out and lean on your shoulder for a few moments." Nah. Those are pretty high expectations.

Maybe if I filmed in secret (is that illegal or...?) people might answer differently. If I had a hidden camera and just shot the question casually, giving them no time to actually think about it, I'd get some truer results. It would take less time, too, and I wouldn't be bothering people as much as I would be formally asking them to answer a question first. But those were not resources I had at hand. I ended up acting like a surveyor.

Ask somebody how their day was. Listen to others. It'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment